Population that practices sport
companies dedicated to sport
People employed in the sport sector
$M invested (2015-2020) in Sport Tech
What is it
Barcelona Sports Hub
The Barcelona Sports Hub is a place for building ties between organisations, investors, companies and entrepreneurs to get things moving, and to and speed up the sport tech ecosystem. We want to improve the competitiveness of hub members, make Barcelona an international leader in sport tech innovation, with the aim of encouraging more local residents to play sport, in line with the goals of the 2030 Agenda.
Why form part of the Hub?
To receive support for economic activity, technology and innovation in sport tech in the specific areas that benefit our members.
To benefit from promotion, international positioning and subsidies with a view to achieving digital transformation.
To access solutions designed specifically to address the individual needs of entrepreneurs, investors, start-ups and companies, as well as clubs, organisations, federations and associations, and sports facility managers.
When fully operative, the Barcelona Sports Hub will boost:
- Events, mentoring and knowledge exchange
- Generate a network of relationships and business opportunities in sport tech
- Participation in national and international congresses
- Access to facts and figures in the world of sport
Barcelona City Sports Lab/Innovation
BARCELONA CITY SPORTS LAB
- Network of facilities, sports clubs and outdoor municipal facilities available for new initiatives
- Facilitate access for companies and start-ups to the sports system, to test new products and innovative tech solutions
- Attract and retain STEM talent to enrich the world of sport
- Generate synergies between new professionals and the business world
- Facilitate deal flow and channel sources of support investment for start-ups
- Tools to support incubation and acceleration projects for sport tech innovator
- Form part of a hub made up of leading international members
- Communication strategies to boost the visibility of all members
- Improve competitiveness through advice, mentoring, specific subsidies and digital transformation
Barcelona has the key characteristics needed to be an international leader in innovation Sport Tech
Barcelona as a lifestyle, a model and a way of being; a city that’s open, innovative, entrepreneurial, and an international benchmark.
Competitiveness and new entrepreneurial initiatives in the world of technology, innovation and sport.
A one-off project
Based on promoting the city’s sporting infrastructure, facilities and clubs; the sea and the mountains are great settings for local people to practice sport.
Thanks to the sports business sector, and the city’s internationally renowned sportspeople and clubs.
Nacho Puig, Fitness Manager at CEM Joan Miró, talks about how will be the sport facilities of the future.
"When you get on the boat the disabilities stay on the dock"
"Barcelona is a great outdoor sports pavilion"
Project driven by
Ajuntament de Barcelona