Population that practices sport
companies dedicated to sport
People employed in the sport sector
$M invested (2015-2020) in Sport Tech
What is it?
Barcelona Sports Hub
Barcelona Sports Hub is the sports hub of Barcelona. It is the reference point, both at state and European level, in which the different stakeholders of the sports sector can join forces and create synergies between them, with the aim of promoting the improvement of competitiveness and disruption in the field of innovation and entrepreneurship. All this, positioning the Barcelona brand at global level and working to contribute to the increase in the practice of sports among citizens as an objective of the UN 2030 Agenda.
Why be part of the Hub?
To be part of the sportstech community and share experiences, knowledge and learning among members with real added value.
To receive all the support of the Barcelona Sports Hub in areas as diverse as the search for public and private funding, access to discounts from sponsoring brands and exclusive access to fairs and networking events.
To access solutions designed specifically to meet the individual needs of entrepreneurs, investors, startups and companies, as well as clubs, entities, federations or associations and managers of sports facilities.
- Improve competitiveness through advice, mentoring, specific assistance and digital transformation
- Generate a network of relationships and business opportunities in sports technology
- Access to sectorial reports and data from INDESCAT
- Barcelona City Sports Lab: Network of equipment, sports clubs and municipal outdoor facilities at the disposal of new initiatives
- Facilitate the accessibility of companies and start-ups to the sports system to test new products and innovative tech solutions
- Facilitate access to investment opportunities and at the same time channel investment sources to support startups
- Incubation and acceleration instruments for innovative sportstech projects
- Demodays and access to investment forums
- Be part of a hub with high value members
- Communication strategies to enhance the visibility of all members
- Participation in national and international congresses
- Attracting and retaining STEM talent to enrich the world of sport
- Generate synergies between new professionals and the business world
- The sports industry's own job marketplace platform
Barcelona has the key characteristics needed to be an international leader in innovation Sport Tech
Barcelona as a lifestyle, a model and a way of being; a city that’s open, innovative, entrepreneurial, and an international benchmark.
Competitiveness and new entrepreneurial initiatives in the world of technology, innovation and sport.
A one-off project
Based on promoting the city’s sporting infrastructure, facilities and clubs; the sea and the mountains are great settings for local people to practice sport.
Thanks to the sports business sector, and the city’s internationally renowned sportspeople and clubs.
Project driven by
Ajuntament de Barcelona